A collaboration of Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (RGA), the Longer Life Foundation has as its mission:
To fund and support the study of factors that either predict the mortality and
morbidity of select populations or influence improvements in longevity, health, and
The project period will be October 1, 2023 to September 30, 2024. The amount of funding for
each grant will be up to $50,000 (direct costs). A second year of funding may be requested by
submitting a competing renewal application in the 2024 grant cycle in which progress should be reported and justification provided for a second year of funding.
Who is eligible:
- Young investigators with at least two years of research experience who are interested in longevity-related research and have yet to obtain independent funding
- Established investigators who are developing a new direction in research on determinants of health and longevity
- Investigators must have an M.D., Ph.D., or similar degree in their field, and have an affiliation with Washington University in St. Louis. Post-doctoral fellows are not eligible.
- Letters of Intent are due by midnight Central Standard Time, February 17, 2023
- Decisions regarding approval to submit a formal application will be provided by April 21, 2023
- Applications are due by midnight, Central Daylight Time, May 26, 2023
- Notification of grants will be made by September 6, 2023
- Funding begins October 1, 2023