The Solutions to Diabetes in Black Americans Core provides methodological and content expertise to advance the field of diabetes research in Black Americans through a partnership with the Council on Black Health.
Solutions to Diabetes in Black Americans Core
Core services include:
- Rapid reviews and topic suggestions to support CDTR research
- Provide reviews in writing, supplemented with individual consultations, to investigators during the study development process
- Development and evaluation of obesity and diabetes prevention interventions with greater specificity and salience for black Americans
- Consultation on relevant theoretical and conceptual models to inform study design, measurement, and analysis
- Advise on selection of measures for individual and contextual assessments to support individual studies and improve the ability to compare across studies
- Consultation on research addressing food marketing tactics that are deterrents to obesity and diabetes prevention and control in black communities
- Participate in Center sponsored‘Next Steps’ Events designed to connect and catalyze investigators to share ideas, form collaborative teams, and develop innovative approaches that advance translational research to eliminate diabetes disparities.