The Center for Diabetes Translation Research is looking for an incoming graduate student at the Brown School pursuing an MPH degree and interested in chronic disease prevention, obesity, diabetes, and health disparities. As a research assistant, the student receives on the job experience, an introduction to policy networks, and opportunities to contribute to research, policy and project development, and communications.
Skills and Qualifications:
Interested applicants should have strong verbal, written, organizational, and research skills as well as a strong interest in research and policy development in one or more of the CDTR’s areas of work. The student should be able to work an average of 10 hours per week.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Track and communicate research project activities.
- Develop informational web content for projects.
- Conduct literature reviews, assist with data analysis, and assist in writing research papers and reports.
- Assist with planning and coordinating Center directed activities, workshops and research conferences.
- Assist with writing grant proposals and reports.
- Perform other special projects as needed.
Resumes should be submitted to Jennifer Gallagher, firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 1.